Bathurst High Campus is a comprehensive rural high school. Our purpose is student learning. Exit outcomes define our graduands. Teaching/learning programs, school organisation and support of staff and students are designed to achieve these exit outcomes.
Students leaving Bathurst High will:
- Have high self-esteem and confidence
- be competent problem-solvers
- be creative thinkers
- be responsible individuals
- have highly-developed communication skills
- be able to cope with change
- have a commitment to a healthy life-style
- have well-developed conflict resolution skills
- produce quality work.
These outcomes are based on our beliefs, our values and our research.
Bathurst High Campus offers an extensive list of Co- currcular activities. Students are given the opportunity to participate in a large number of sporting, cultural and academic activities. Examples are shown in the list below
- Award Winning band program
- Vocal Group and individual singing opportunities
- Private Music tuition in school time
- Dance and Drama Ensembles
- Academic Competitions – eg Writing, Maths, Science
- Public Speaking and Debating Competition
- State Dance and Drama Camps
- Solar Car Racing
- Schools Spectacular
- Lighting and Sound Performance Support Opportunities
- Combined High Schools Sport - Cricket, Football(Soccer), Rugby League, Swimming, Cross Country, Athletics, Triatholon, Netball, Basketball, Touch Football
- Astley Cup Sporting Event with Orange High and Dubbo College
- School Sport U15 Level
- Support for students in individual sport
- Agriculture – Animal Nursery
- Year 7 and 9 Camp
- Overseas trips in some years eg Italy and Greece, USA, Vietnam and Japan
- Charity Support Opportunities eg Blood Bank, Headspace
- Student Exchange.